World leaders in luxury travel and business accessories, TUMI’s stylish, best-in-class products are renowned for their design excellence, functional superiority and technical innovation. Recognised as best in their field, we knew that their President & CEO would be able to offer the best advice on packing like a professional.
For over 30 years Jerome Griffith has successfully managed companies on five continents. He has resided in five countries, and speaks French and German. He lives in New York City but considers himself a citizen of the world. Logging countless miles, Griffith inevitably became a connoisseur in the art of packing.
Here are his essential tips for hassle-free travel:
- To select the best bags(s), identify the type of trip you are taking: business or leisure, domestic or international, length of stay.
- Pre-pack the items you’ll take on every trip: toiletries, iPad, gym gear.
- Check the weather.
- Use packing cubes and organise wardrobe by colour. It’s always easiest to pack in one colour scheme to allow for easy mix and matching.
- Classify your clothes. Tee shirts with tee shirts. Wovens with wovens. Pants with pants.
- Pack your jackets in dry cleaner bags to keep them wrinkle free.
- Keep Member Cards (Frequent Flyer, Hotel, Global Entry) on a clip and always carry them in your briefcase – you never know when you may need to leave.
- Always keep your card clip in TUMI’s RFID pocket, which uses patented lining to protect personal data encoded on ID cards.
Watch the video below to discover more about Jerome Griffith and his packing prowess:
Shop the TUMI range now available at Tips Home Design here
Home Design, How To